Client router preventing PPPoE lockout

Bell Canada has Juniper BAS/BRAS routers that switch PPPoE sessions to various ISPs. documentation is at:

formatting link
for Encapsulation Type Lockout towards bottom of page)

These boxes have a Encapsulation Lockout enabled.

During a lockout, the BAS will not forwards any of your traffic and will not reply to PADI requests.

Lockouts are triggered by unsuccesful PPPoE session establishement with remote ISP (either because ISP is down, invalid password or other reason).

First event causes a lockout of 1 second, second event causes 2 second, then 4,8,16,32,64,128,256,300.

The BAS remembers a lockout for 15 minutes after the last event. So two invalid attempts 16 minutes appart will have a 1 second lockout each. But if the second event happens 14 minutes after the first one, it gets

2 second lockout.

I have a 871W router. There appear to be a number of parameters in IOS to deal with delays.

Anyone know for sure which command I need (I assume in the dialer interface) to cause the router to pause for 5 seconds between a session teardown and attempt to reconnect ?

5 seconds would give me 4 PPPoE login attempts before lockout would kick in. (I was once down for 2 hours because of this on another router before Bell Canada agreed to confirm the parameters for the lockout of its routers).
Reply to
JF Mezei
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.