Cisco VPN Gateway: simultaneously accept IKE and forward it to another GW inbound, on same public IP address

Can a Cisco VPN Gateway simultaneously accept IKE and forward it to another GW inbound, on same public IP address? We have a customer who claims this is possible with Cisco. What do you think? Assume both the Cisco and 3rd party gateways are using the traditional UDP 500 and

4500 for IKE and NAT-Traversal. We believe it's not possible with any vendor's product.

The Cisco would have to be able to talk IKE on its public IP of

68.98.222.222 for its own VPN policies, and forward IKE incoming to that same IP to an internal host 10.2.2.2 for VPNs coming in for the 3rd-party gateway inside.

(two different VPN peers want to do site-to-site VPN; one each with the

Cisco and the 3rd party devices shown below in the diagram)

| (internet cloud) | DSL provider network | WAN - public, dynamic, on PPPoE DSL (e.g.. 68.98.222.222) (Cisco) LAN: 10.2.2.1 /24 | (some servers sit here in 10.2.2.0 /24) | WAN: 10.2.2.2 (3rd-party IKE VPN Gateway) LAN: 172.29.9.193 /28 | (some servers sit here in 172.29.9.192 /28)

Reply to
mountainwalker
Loading thread data ...

You were not specific about what variety of device a "VPN Gateway" is.

The answer for the Cisco PIX running 4/5/6 series software is "NO".

The answer for the Cisco PIX or ASA running 7 series software is "I don't know; maybe it was added, but I would think NO".

The answer for the Cisco VPN 3000/5000 VPN Concentrators is "I don't know".

The answer for Cisco routers is "Hmmm, possibly. If you create a loopback interface and attack the crypto map to it, and if you use policy-based routing on the IPSec packets based upon the source IP ranges, throwing them either at the loopback or at the further host, then it just might work... but I wouldn't want to wager on it."

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Reply to
mountainwalker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.