Cisco Voice Gateway reports error when adding new gatekeeper

Hello all.

A wierd problem when I try to add a 3rd gatekeeper (with its own zone and priority) to the Cisco voice gateway. It reports that the "Gatekeeper already configured". However when I do a show gateway I do see the 3rd gatekeeper as well but not with the correct priority. (The first 2 are ok). Now this happens even when I try to change the priority of the first 2 gatekeepers.

I also tried grabbing the startup config via tftp, modifying the entries under my fast ethernet interface to include all 3 gatekeepers, saved and tftp-ed the file back in as startup config and rebooted the voice gateway. It still does not show the 3rd gatekeeper when i do a show run, but when I do a show startup all three gatekeepers show up correctly under fastethernet3/0 with the right priorities ! If I do copy startup run, it still reports the same "Gatekeeper already configured".

(Also tried shutting down the fastethernet interface, telnetting via another interface, added the Gatekeeper and un shut it.. no luck !)

Would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas as to how I can get around this (without having to hyperterm into the console ?)

thanks.

-Kartik Wondering how I can get the gateway to

Reply to
Seshadri.Kartik
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.