Cisco Secure Access Control Server 4.2

I'm seekeng information regarding a new purchase of Cisco Secure ACS 4.2

If we buy new Cisco Secure Access Control Server 4.2 using the P/N CSACS-4.2-WIN-K9 are we supposed to buy additional smartnet (SAS) or is it included in the CSACS-4.2-WIN-K9.

Here

formatting link
says: Q. How do I order Cisco Secure ACS 4.2 for Windows? A. If you are a new customer of Cisco Secure ACS with no previous version installed in your network, purchase part number CSACS-4.2-WIN-K9. For Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 customers, 4.2 is a minor release, and the upgrade will be covered by the Software Application Support (SAS) contract.

I doesn't mention wether we are supposed to buy smartnet for the product.

Regards.

Reply to
Morph
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
it says:

You are supposed to buy separate SAS for it. The cited answer means, that if you have previous version of ACS (i.e. 4.1) and SAS for it, the upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 is free.

Reply to
Mariusz 'BB' Trojanowski

| > I'm seekeng information regarding a new purchase of Cisco Secure ACS 4.2 | > | > If we buy new Cisco Secure Access Control Server 4.2 using the P/N | > CSACS-4.2-WIN-K9 are we supposed to buy additional smartnet (SAS) or is | > it included in the CSACS-4.2-WIN-K9. | > | > Here | >

formatting link
| > it says: | > Q. How do I order Cisco Secure ACS 4.2 for Windows? | > A. If you are a new customer of Cisco Secure ACS with no previous | > version installed in your network, purchase part number | > CSACS-4.2-WIN-K9. For Cisco Secure ACS 4.1 customers, 4.2 is a minor | > release, and the upgrade will be covered by the Software Application | > Support (SAS) contract. | > | > I doesn't mention wether we are supposed to buy smartnet for the | > product. | > | > Regards. | | You are supposed to buy separate SAS for it. The cited answer means, | that if you have previous version of ACS (i.e. 4.1) and SAS for it, the | upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 is free.

Hi. You are right. I found that we should probably buy this SAS: CON-SAS-S42WINK9 SW APP SUPP CiscoSecure ACS 4.2 for Windows

Reply to
Morph

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.