Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
August 4, 2010, 1:45 pm
rate this thread
I have a Dual WAN, Cisco (LinkSys) RV042. This is an awesome little
router for the price, but was wondering if someone can help me
understand how the Dual WAN path is selected. The one thing that is
limiting is the GUI interface. Seems this guy could do so much more
if there was a command line:)
Currently it seems this device selects the path based on the lowest IP
address and if Internet service is detected.
Is it possible to force this device to select a different interface vs
the one is selects be default?
WAN1 is 184.108.40.206 /26
WAN2 is 220.127.116.11 /26
The path is always WAN1 unless WAN1 is unplugged.
How does this device detect internet service?
Can it be made to used WAN2 without auto selecting WAN1 when both WANs
- » The Dawn Quantum Chemistry , By Donald Allan McQuarrie , 1st ed
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Systems
- » 100% passing guaranty without exam in CCNA, SCRUM, AGILE, ITIL, MICROSOFT, AWS, VMWARE...
- — Last Updated thread in » Cisco Systems
- » Apple and Verizon pointing fingers at each other about iPhone XS activation failures [...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum