cisco routers and second layer protocols

with witch second layer protocols cisco routers works, and how can i configer ther router to work with them?

thank you :)

Reply to
kazdan
Loading thread data ...

I suspect that "second layer protocols" is what would more commonly be called "Layer 2 protocols".

The Layer 2 protocols supported by a Cisco router depend upon the router model, installed equipment, and IOS version.

I prefer not to answer open ended questions about support for some particular feature "on Cisco routers" because in order to answer accurately, I would have to research each IOS version for every router and show all the differences in configuration that have ever exist. That takes a long time, and documentation for IOS versions before 11.2 is hard to find. And really, what good would it do you to be told the exact way to configure some protocol that no-one ever uses anymore on a router that has not been made for 15 years on an IOS version that people barely remember?

If you have questions about the configuration of *specific* protocols and a narrow range of routers and a narrow range of IOS versions, then people might be able to point you to the applicable documentation.

If you want to explore, then you can use

formatting link
select the search by feature, and look through the list of "features" that Cisco has indexed.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Kazdan

Your question is TOOOO generic.

Is there a specific Layer 2 issue that you're dealing with?

DD

Reply to
Dick Dastardly

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.