Cisco router IP redirect back to inside subnet

I'm trying to configure the Cisco router to redirect the outside IP address back to inside IP address. For example: When package send from inside IP 192.168.1.111 to outside IP 1.2.3.4, package will redirect back to inside 192.168.1.11. I know the command in PIX but not Cisco router IOS.

Reply to
scottlumail
Loading thread data ...

ip nat inside source static a.b.c.d e.f.g.h where a.b.c.d is your inside "local" IP and e.f.g.h is your external "global" IP (or interface, look up the syntax and options). Don't forget that you'll have to make access-list changes if you have one applied to your outside interface (you should apply one to your outside interface unless you use PAT).

J
Reply to
J

Errr -- how do you do that on the PIX? The PIX is designed to not allow that.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

The combination between "alias" and "static" two commands should work for you.

Reply to
scottlumail

*Tested* example, please.

static does not take effect unless traffic crosses between interfaces -- the packet would have to go out the outside interface and attempt to come back in. I've posted extended writeups on why that cannot work on the PIX; Unfortunately I don't happen to be able to find any of those postings at the moment.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

try this and good luck! alias (inside) 1.2.3.4 192.168.1.11 255.255.255.255 static (inside,outside) 1.2.3.4 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.255 0

Reply to
scottlumail

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.