Cisco PIX, Please Help Me

I just took over a new network and just implemented a new Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange. The old NT 4.0 server is still on the network with exchange 5.5 disabled. I cannot access OWA on the new server because the Cisco Firewall is NATing to the old server IP address. I have never used a pix firewall and therefore i have no idea how to change the configuration. I beleive the firewall is the Cisco Pix 515 running the 4.3 version of the software. I can hyper terminal into the firewall. I have no idea on how or what command to type, to try and change the NAT configuration. Can someone please help me. This is kind of urgent to get fixed.

I preatty much need step by step instructions on how to do this.

Thank you so much in advance and somebody please help me. Roberto

Reply to
capogna3
Loading thread data ...

You really should have planned for this ahead of time :(

The PIX 4.3 specific documentation is at

formatting link
it's really just the release notes there, so you need to refer to the 4.2 documentation,
formatting link
You may wish to examine the configuration example, "Two Interface Multiple Server Configuration",
formatting link
Briefly: Connect to the PIX. At the prompt, give the command enable and give the password when prompted. Give the command show static and inspect the output to find the line that mentions the old server IP. Give the command configure terminal to enter configuration mode. Enter the command no followed by the exact text of the previous static command -- for example,

no static (inside,outside) 201.202.203.204 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.255

The 'no' command will remove the previous entry from the running configuration. Now, put in the new static command, the same as the old except with the new IP address

static (inside,outside) 201.202.203.204 192.168.1.42 netmask 255.255.255.255

Test to see that this works. When you are finished testing and wish to make the change permanent, give the command write memory

Reply to
Walter Roberson

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
delgrundy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.