Cisco PIX 515E Configuration

I have a 515E at home, its got a DSL router on its outside interface, my desktop machine on its inside interface and a webserver on the DMZ. (security levels 0, 100, 50 respectively)

Its all working fine, I went through the ASDM and enabled all the security features I could, but i am wondering if it has more security options that could be configured (Im interested in IDS/IPS and DoS specifically). Do I need to enable this stuff manually? is it turned on by default? are there software upgrades with more features?

The Reason I ask is because up until now I have been running a personal firewal on the desktop as well, I would Like to get rid of it but I want to be sure I am safe first.

Sh ver Licensed Features: Failover: Disabled VPN-DES: Enabled VPN-3DES-AES: Disabled Maximum Physical Interfaces: 3 Maximum Interfaces: 5 Cut-through Proxy: Enabled Guards: Enabled URL-filtering: Enabled Inside Hosts: Unlimited Throughput: Unlimited IKE peers: Unlimited

Also unrelated, is there a "show log" command like on IOS for the PIX? I can't see any logs anywhere, do I have to use syslog for that?

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam
Loading thread data ...
515 doesnt have ips/ids module.

You can enable thread detection, connection timeoute etc

what the ios/adsm version you are using

Reply to
j D k

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(5) Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(4)

Compiled on Thu 04-Aug-05 21:40 by morlee

Achilles up 2 hours 9 mins

Hardware: PIX-515E, 32 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 433 MHz Flash E28F128J3 @ 0x300, 16MB BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

Licensed Features: Failover: Disabled VPN-DES: Enabled VPN-3DES-AES: Disabled Maximum Physical Interfaces: 3 Maximum Interfaces: 5 Cut-through Proxy: Enabled Guards: Enabled URL-filtering: Enabled Inside Hosts: Unlimited Throughput: Unlimited IKE peers: Unlimited

This PIX has a Restricted (R) license.

Reply to
die.spam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.