Cisco Pix 501 Very Strange issues ! Newbie needs help !!

Hello !

I have a cisco pix 501 using 3des site to site VPN as well as Standard firewall work,

We have just moved office and are having a very strange problem that seems to be baffling everyone. we have a 2mb sdsl line from easynet and we are using a Zyxel 792H router to connect, the next step in the network is the Pix, everything works fine for 18 - 28 mins then a ping to our outside IP drops and we loose internet access BUT the VPN stays Up and connected and e-mail and MSN works fine for another 15 or so mins then that drops.

Everything from the easynet side has been checked, even the dslam card has been changed, but we are still having the same issues,

It's been suggested this morning that the NAT buffer on the PIX is not big enough, but I cannot fine any information on the web about this,

The PIX was working fine for 2 years in the old office and was carried over the 500 years to our new office by hand,

If anyone has any ideas it would be a great help, this problem is driving me mad!

thanks !!

Reply to
fartblast
Loading thread data ...

Post your config. Have you added any more devices, even network printers in the new location? How many IP based devices in the new location? What's the user license on the 501 (10user, 50user, unlimited).

Reply to
Brian V

Hi,

No More devices, infact less, unlimited user licence on the pix,

just gett> >

Reply to
fartblast

Sure, just copy and paste it provided the interfaces are the same. Very very doubtful it's a bad pix tho, sure wouldn't act like that.

Reply to
Brian V

Check your subnet masks either end of the PIX, the ones that define what networks go down the tunnel that is. They must me identical and mirrored networks.

Regards

Brian V wrote:

Reply to
James

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.