Cisco Network Assistant questions

I don't understand why is there restriction for only 20 device per community (i have need to monitor some 25 cisco devices)

Is there any way i could at least create two communities and show them at the same topology overview?

Any written tips/faqs would be greatly appreciated (besides those on cisco web pages). Thank you

Reply to
Ugarchina
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to personally contact:

Mr. Anupam Barua, CCIE No. 5068 Routing & Switching.

The Cisco Systems technical marketing engineer for the Cisco Network Assistant.

Email: abarua *at* cisco.com

As well as Mr. Rizwan Mushtaq

Email: rmushtaq *at* cisco.com

---------------------------------------------

CNA, like CiscoWorks, uses Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) to determine where devices fit in a topology.

In Cisco Network Assistant 4.0, the number of access points allowed in a community is no longer limited.

CNA supports up to 20 devices and 16 of the 20 devices can be Catalyst Switches.

If you have more than 16 switches and you want to manage them with CNA

- you can still do that.

All you have to do is to start another session of CNA in your PC and point them to a different community or cluster - there is no limit on how many concurrent sessions of CNA you can run, you are only limited by the resources of your PC.

Additionally, you may find of interest Cisco Network Assistant Clusters and Stacks:

"Because a cluster must have 1 command device and can have up to 15 members, a cluster can potentially have up to 16 stacks, totalling 144 devices."

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.