Cisco NAT Trans view through SNMP

Hello I use a Debian Server 6 with cacti.

I would like to monitor and build a graph about cisco NAT translations.

I had some 2600s and found the template here:

formatting link
It worked flawlessy on 2600s series but I am not able to let it work on :

Cisco 877 (12.4T 24T6) and Cisco 3745 (Latest 12.4T(15)).

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Reply to
Elia S.
Loading thread data ...

Hmmm, interesting one. It is either not supported via SNMP, the MIBs might = not be there, or it is using different variables. Best advice, try SNMPWALK= the 2600 and see what MIBs are being returned for the NAT, then try the sa= me on the 877 and 3745 and look for similar entries, if they exist. Also, C= isco on their site somewhere has a MIB browser to see what is available thr= ough their MIBs. Try that. Good Luck. :)

Reply to
Richard Westby-Nunn

The mib are there in the 3745 but I am not able to see the values

i have some troubles in my debian box with snmpwalk... but I know for sure they are there

"Richard Westby-Nunn" ha scritto nel messaggio news:15566281.580.1328863064455.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbuf28...

Hmmm, interesting one. It is either not supported via SNMP, the MIBs might not be there, or it is using different variables. Best advice, try SNMPWALK the 2600 and see what MIBs are being returned for the NAT, then try the same on the 877 and 3745 and look for similar entries, if they exist. Also, Cisco on their site somewhere has a MIB browser to see what is available through their MIBs. Try that. Good Luck. :)

Reply to
Elia S.

Any of you tried the cacti template? I tried it on a 2600 and worked.

"Elia S." ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@kpnqwest.it...

The mib are there in the 3745 but I am not able to see the values

i have some troubles in my debian box with snmpwalk... but I know for sure they are there

"Richard Westby-Nunn" ha scritto nel messaggio news:15566281.580.1328863064455.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbuf28...

Hmmm, interesting one. It is either not supported via SNMP, the MIBs might not be there, or it is using different variables. Best advice, try SNMPWALK the 2600 and see what MIBs are being returned for the NAT, then try the same on the 877 and 3745 and look for similar entries, if they exist. Also, Cisco on their site somewhere has a MIB browser to see what is available through their MIBs. Try that. Good Luck. :)

Reply to
Elia S.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.