Cisco & High Density Modem Solutions

I have a unique need. I have a Windows server running software that requires dozens of modems to make many phone calls every hour. Managing all these modems has become difficult, as the number keeps expanding. I've been told that the Cisco AS5350XM is a "high density modem" solution, that would allow me to replace all my modems with this one device. I've been unable to ascertain whether that information is in fact true from the documentation I've been able to find online. Can somebody help me with this question, please?

Thanks!

:Bazooka-Joe

Reply to
Bazooka-Joe
Loading thread data ...

Hi Joe,

~ I have a unique need. I have a Windows server running software that ~ requires dozens of modems to make many phone calls every hour. ~ Managing all these modems has become difficult, as the number keeps ~ expanding. I've been told that the Cisco AS5350XM is a "high density ~ modem" solution, that would allow me to replace all my modems with ~ this one device. I've been unable to ascertain whether that ~ information is in fact true from the documentation I've been able to ~ find online. Can somebody help me with this question, please?

Yes, the AS5350XM is an excellent system that can be configured with anywhere from 48 modems (2 PRIs - the AS535XM-2T1-48-D bundle) on up to 8 PRIs (the AS535XM-8T1-192-D bundle.)

For some applications (e.g. if your Windows application needs to see virtual COM ports), you might want to add in some software from Tactical Software (DialOut/EZ, COM/IP.)

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Yes, the software I'm running is proprietary and quite finnicky. That was my next question, I suppose. How do I make the internal modems on the AS535XM appear as comm port devices on the server. You say external software must be required. That may or may not jive with the vendor's support clause. Hmmmm.

Thanks though.

:Bazooka-Joe

Reply to
Bazooka-Joe

Hi again Joe,

~ > ~ I have a unique need. I have a Windows server running software that ~ > ~ requires dozens of modems to make many phone calls every hour. ~ > ~ Managing all these modems has become difficult, as the number keeps ~ > ~ expanding. I've been told that the Cisco AS5350XM is a "high density ~ > ~ modem" solution, that would allow me to replace all my modems with ~ > ~ this one device. I've been unable to ascertain whether that ~ > ~ information is in fact true from the documentation I've been able to ~ > ~ find online. Can somebody help me with this question, please? ~ >

~ > Yes, the AS5350XM is an excellent system that can be configured with ~ > anywhere from 48 modems (2 PRIs - the AS535XM-2T1-48-D bundle) on up ~ > to 8 PRIs (the AS535XM-8T1-192-D bundle.) ~ >

~ > For some applications (e.g. if your Windows application needs to see ~ > virtual COM ports), you might want to add in some software from ~ > Tactical Software (DialOut/EZ, COM/IP.)

~ Yes, the software I'm running is proprietary and quite finnicky. That ~ was my next question, I suppose. How do I make the internal modems on ~ the AS535XM appear as comm port devices on the server. You say ~ external software must be required. That may or may not jive with the ~ vendor's support clause. Hmmmm. ~ ~ Thanks though. ~ ~ :Bazooka-Joe

Yes, that's where my reference to Tactical Software comes in. They have several different shims (DialOut/EZ, COM/IP, TTYredirector, etc.) for different applications/OSes.

formatting link

Good luck with your arrangements with your software vendor.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.