cisco firmware images will not write to floppy

I downloaded AP340v1205.exe (firmware file) Size: 1526.61 KB from cisco but the unzipped img file will not write onto a standard MF-2HD floppy disc. I also tried AP340v1204.exe Size: 1516 KB but still got the same problem - the write process fails. I've tried different floppy discs with different extraction programs (also tried rawrite but the process failed again) in both windows and DOS on two different PC's but no luck. I used Floppy Image to check the integrity of the img files and the program said 'CRC32 check failed'. How do I get these images onto a floppy disc?

Reply to
net
Loading thread data ...

net a écrit :

it sounds like the download failed somehow did you compare the checksum ?

Reply to
Daniel-G

Is it some kind of joke? Why are you writing these files to floppy? These are firmware images, which should be written into the Cisco AP340 Access Points, which has no floppy. Plus, regular floppy are 1440 KB, so, you will never fit 1516 KB file into the 1440 KB floppy.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

If for some reason you need to store the files on floppy disk then use somehting like winzip, 7zip, gzip, to compress them. If they won't compress the above programs may allow the files to be split across more than one disk.

Also disks can sometimes be formatted at higher capacity, e.g. Alkonost MaxFormat 3.60 Never used it but I have used similar tools in the past.

This is a networking group. We don't use sneakernet much these days:-)

Reply to
Bod43

not, not some kind of joke. Sorry to be a bungling beginner but we all have to start somewhere. I thought the AP had to obtain it's image from a floppy disc but I see now that was wrong. I'll get there in the end.

Reply to
net

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.