Cisco Catalyst 2950 Two Subnets

Dear All,

Has anyone configured a Cisco Catalyst 2950 that is connected over LAN to an ISP with two subnet? For example, my current configuration has an IP Address of 211.58.141.XXX 255.255.255.224 and another IP Address of 201.32.48.XXX 255.255.255.224 but we are already connected over a CAT 5 using VLAN1 in my configuration and having a ip default-gateway of 211.58.141.1. The problem is that the Cisco Catalyst 2950 can only have one ip default-gateway, how can I setup the Cisco Catalyst 2950 to use both of the IP Address to the same ISP? Many thanks!

Regards, Kengie

Reply to
Kengie
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

The catalyst 2950 is a switch. Switches normally only have an ip address configured for maintenance reasons, not for routing! Are you sure you'd like to have two ip-addresses/subnets defined on the switch? For what purpose?

Erik

Reply to
Erik Tamminga

Hi,

The catalyst 2950 is a switch. Switches normally only have an ip address configured for maintenance reasons, not for routing! Are you sure you'd like to have two ip-addresses/subnets defined on the switch? For what purpose?

Erik

Reply to
Erik Tamminga

You don't need more than one default-gateway in your 2950 switch. Its only used for maintenance access, as the 2950 doesn't route.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

You will need a router between the 2950 layer 2 switch and your ISP.

You should also have some form of firewall between your network and the ISP

Reply to
merv.hrabi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.