Cisco Call Manager 4.13 - Blocking inbound calls?

Want to block inbound calls in Cisco Call Manager 4.13 from specific sales callers who just don't get the message we don't want to hear from them.

Yes, I know Caller ID can be spoofed, but the user wants this, and this user gets what the user wants. Please don't waste our time in dissuading me as it's not my decision.

Have not been able to figure out how to use Route Patterns (chapter 22 of the Cisco CallManager Administration Guide) to block incoming calls based on caller ID. I've entered a specific phone number as a route pattern, yet various configurations of route patterns set to reject those calls are useless.

Your on topic responses would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Reply to
K7AAY
Loading thread data ...

An interesting problem. I don't think this can be done directly with CallManager, as route patterns are used for outbound calls. Even translation patterns used within inbound trunk calling search spaces won't match on calling number (they will match on called/destination digits).

However, if you use H.323 gateways, you could use a voice translation pattern on a dial-peer to block certain inbound calls:

formatting link
Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Melbourne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.