Cisco aironet 802.11b access

Hi, I recently upgraded my works 3 cisco aironet 1200 (802.11a/b/g) wireless access points to firmware version 12.3.2-JA, in an attempt to resolve 2 issues

1) "flakiness" with 802.11b clients 2) PEAP with windows 2003 IAS

Unfortunately neither of these have been successfull, however to make matters worse, now none of my 802.11b clients can connect to the access point at all.

802.11b clients can intemittently see the SSID, but can never connect to it. We are using open authentication with a static 128bit WEP key.

I am not really keen to downgrade the firmware version - as im fairly confident theres another issue with the configuration.

If anyone has any hints or tips on how i can go about troubleshooting this issue it would be much appreciated - as unfortunately, cisco have been of no assistance at all, as we have our support contract with a cisco partner - who in turn have provided no help at all.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Ben Woskje
Loading thread data ...

If you are using the MS XP wireless client you should have broadcas turned on on the Access Point. The MS XP client doen't pick up ssid very well without broadcast turned on -kar

Reply to
kellasse

Ben,

can you paste the configs of dot0? AP#sh run int dot0

cheers, Jeff

Reply to
jefflin.choi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.