Cisco Aironet 350 IOS missing a command

Hello Cisco people!

I have a cisco aironet 350 running Cisco IOS Software, C350 Software (C350-K9W7-M), Version 12.3(8)JA2.

I'm attempting to setup an AP as a repeater for the first time, and my manual says to enter the command "infrastructure-ssid" but this command doesn't appear to exists...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
cmullen77
Loading thread data ...

Chris,

Where are you trying to configure this command? According to documentation it should be configured under the "interface doit1radio 0" interface, and then within "ssid" subsection. Read the documentation and follow it step-by-step without skipping tasks.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE Voice (in progress), CCIE R&S (next)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Hey Mike,

The instructions that I followed can be found in section 19-5 (Setting up a repeater) of the Cisco IOS Software Configuration Guide for Cisco Aironet Access Points (Cisco IOS Release 12.3(8)JA) from Feb. 2006.

There are ten commands/steps listed on this page; Step 1. configure terminal (Enter config mode) Step 2. interface dot11radio 0 (enter the config. mode for the radio) Step 3. ssid {ssid-string} (create the SSID that the repeater will use.) Step 4. infrastructure-ssid

** Step 4 is telling me to use a command that doesn't appear in the command list.

Thanks for taking the time to help-

Chris

Reply to
cmullen77

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.