Cisco Aironet 1240AG WPA/WPA2?

Hi

I have a Cisco Aironet 1240AG which we were planning on using for our wireless network. According to the specs, it should be capable of WPA2, but on the web interface, only WPA is marked.

Does anyone know why? It was only purchased a few months ago.

Thanks!

Reply to
smokejo
Loading thread data ...

~ Hi ~ ~ I have a Cisco Aironet 1240AG which we were planning on using for our ~ wireless network. According to the specs, it should be capable of WPA2, ~ but on the web interface, only WPA is marked. ~ ~ Does anyone know why? It was only purchased a few months ago. ~ ~ Thanks!

The AP1240AG series AP supports both WPA1 (TKIP) and WPA2 (AES-CCM), with both PSK and EAP authentication. Here is an example of configuring WPA2 on it:

formatting link
Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Hi, I'm deploying a Wireless Network in a newly built Hotel. Each floor has

26 rooms and all the walls are 6inches of cast concrete I'm considering using a Cisco Aironet 1240AG on each floor in combination with an amplifier and External Antennae from
formatting link
Do any of you have prior experience with such a deployment and do you have any advice/suggestions? Would really appreciate it? Thanks in advance
Reply to
OldManChild

~ Hi, ~ I'm deploying a Wireless Network in a newly built Hotel. Each floor has ~ 26 rooms and all the walls are 6inches of cast concrete ~ I'm considering using a Cisco Aironet 1240AG on each floor in ~ combination with an amplifier and External Antennae from ~

formatting link
~ Do any of you have prior experience with such a deployment and do you ~ have any advice/suggestions? Would really appreciate it? ~ Thanks in advance

Probably the only way to make this work, with just one AP per floor, would be to use leaky coax for your antenna ... snake the leaky coax above all the rooms. This would not be Cisco TAC supported, RF-wise (we only support Cisco brand antennas), but it might work.

We would prefer that you mount an AP above each room ;)

Cheers,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Your idea of the leaky cable is sound, but one needs to remember that this solution also comes at the cost of the leaky cable being kind of lossy, hence more power will need to be transmitted. In the cellular world we use bidirectional amps for this purpose.

Reply to
Dana

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.