Cisco 4500m

Is there a way to log internet traffic from the inside interface to an internal server ? If so, can you explain how it is done. Thanks

Reply to
NextLevel
Loading thread data ...

what do you mean by log Internet traffic . capture the entire content of each packets ? . display the source and destination IP addresses, ports

Reply to
Merv

Let me try to explain, What I am trying to do is log the destination IP's from the internal network to the internet so I can review the sites visited at a later time. I know they have loggin software that can be run on a server but I was trying to see if it is possible to log it from the router to a server using the logging feature in CISCO IOS

Does that make sense ?

Merv wrote:

Reply to
NextLevel

yes it does

check and see if the Cisco router or switch in question supports the Netflow feature.

see Cisco doc

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Thank you, That is exactly what I am looking for. The 4500m router that I am running currently has IOS ver (C4500-JK8S-M), Version 12.2(23d) installed. Where in the commands do I find NETFLOW ?

Merv wrote:

formatting link

Reply to
NextLevel

see

ttp://

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

ttp://

formatting link

Reply to
NextLevel

Netflow requires CEF (Cisco Express Forwarding)

check if CEF is enabled "show ip cef"

NETFLOW whitepapers

formatting link
For IOS NETFLOW commands see

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

CEF is enabled on the router. So I will make the assumption (which I hate to do) is that even though the whitepapers and docs are written for the Catalyst 4500 switch, it would still work on the 4500M series ROUTERs.

Reply to
NextLevel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.