Cisco 3845 - DSL on interface, how to do PPPOE??

Greetings! I am sticking a DSL modem (ethernet on LAN side) into one for the interfaces on this Cisco router. The modem is "bridged" and so I want to Cisco to take care of the NAT'ing and have that public address on the interface directly...

This means having to do PPPOE with the Cisco so it can auth-up with Qwest, etc... how is that accomplished with this router (commands)? I am seeing pppoe sub-commands specific to the interface, but where do I enter username / password credentials to be used by the pppoe?

Any help / examples are GREATLY appreciated?

-Ponga

Reply to
ponga
Loading thread data ...

I was just going to give you the rude google for it as there's zillions of examples, but I don't like the VPDN group setup anyway that all comes up.

! bba-group pppoe group1 ! interface GigabitEthernet0/0 description PPPoE interface no ip address pppoe enable group group1 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1 ! interface Dialer0 description PPPoE Dialer ip mtu 1492 ip address negotiated encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer-group 1 ppp authentication chap pap callin ppp pap sent-username jimbob password woohoo ! ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0 !

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

On a 870 router, I had problems with "dialer-group" and the stuff worked when I took that line out.

dialer pool 1 is what ties the "dialer" interface with fast ethernet interfaces in the same group.

I am no expert on this, just relating my recent experience.

Reply to
JF Mezei

Thanks, that's just the trick!

Reply to
ponga

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.