Cisco 350 adapters and Draytek 2600/2900 routers and WPA modes?

Hi,

Does anyone have any application data on this subject? I've done searches without much success.

Basically, I am trying to get several laptops, *some* of which have the 350 adapter and others have the Linksys WPC54G, to work with these Draytek routers, using something stronger than plain WEP.

The computers run winXP Pro, or win2000. There is no "domain" so presumably domain based authentication isn't feasible.

In addition to wide open, the Drayteks support the following modes (quoted verbatim):

WEP WEP/802.1x only WEP or WPA/PSK WEP 802.1x or WPA 802.1x WPA/PSK only WPA/802.1x only

I simply cannot get WPA/PSK to work - it should work using the config in XP (not in the ACU) but it doesn't and after many hours I had to give up on it. So I want to have a go at the other modes.

I *can* connect to the router with WPA/PSK if I use the Linksys WPC54G adapter, win2000, using the Linksys wifi utility. Or with a Sony EOM adaptor in the 505 laptop using the XP wifi config. The problem is that the WPC54G doesn't support most of the other modes...

So obviously I am looking for some sort of common denominator between the Draytek modes and what can be done with the Cisco 350 and the WPC54G.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Peter.

-- Return address is invalid to help stop junk mail. E-mail replies to snipped-for-privacy@peter2000XY.co.uk but remove the X and the Y. Please do NOT copy usenet posts to email - it is NOT necessary.

Reply to
Peter
Loading thread data ...

The Cisco 350 can do WPA/PSK only on WinXP SP2 or with a 3rd party supplicant like the Funk Software Odyssee Client on W2k. With ACU it works great with WPA/EAP

The greatest common denominator is static WEP, if you don't have a RADIUS capable of LEAP/PEAP/EAP-TLS.

Reply to
Uli Link

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.