Cisco 350 Access Point

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Cisco 350 Access Point will support a dual SSID, with one being WEP encrypted and the other on being WPA?

This would help me with the transition from WEP to WPA. My plan is to start the 350s broadcasting WPA as well as WEP, then change the devices over one at a time, when its convenient.

I also have 1200 and 1242 access points. I'm assuming that they /will/ do what I need.

The firmware on the 350s is 12.2(15)XR2

Thanks, SW

Reply to
S W
Loading thread data ...

S W schrieb:

Yes. You'll need two different VLANs.

You can only broadcast one SSID. The old 802.11b radios don't support the MBSSID feature needed for broadcasting more than one SSID.

Yes.

You should upgrade the IOS to 12.3(8)JEA3 as there were some bugs related to WPA support.

Reply to
Uli Link

I guess you mean have some 350s using WPA and some using WEP?

Thanks, SW

Reply to
S W

S W schrieb:

No, you create two different ieee802.1q VLANs Services -> VLAN

Then with Security -> Encryption Manager you can select one of your VLANs and set the encryption on a per VLAN basis.

Then with Security -> SSID Manager you create the SSID and attach the SSID to a VLAN and the only dot11radio.

You'll need a dot1q trunk on the switchport of the Ethernet switch and setup the routing as needed. There are no means for routing in the IOS Accesspoints. The only bridge between a SSID on the wireless side and a VLAN on the FastEthernet0 interface.

So you can run separate SSIDs with completely separate encryption and authentication scheme on one AP.

Reply to
Uli Link

Thanks Uli, thats very helpful.

Reply to
S W

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.