Cisco 2948 Switch Kaput?

I recently purchased a used Cisco 2948 switch on Ebay and it does not appear to be working correctly...Are there any engineers out there that may be able to assist me? When I power on the switch, the PSI led is amber, the RPSU led is green and the status led is off. I opened up the case and saw that there were two additional lights on the circuit board (CR5 and CR6). Both of these were lit and were green. Also, I noticed that there was a CR2430 battery on the circuit board that appears to have been soldered on. I don't think a dead battery would prevent the unit from booting up, but I suppose it is a possibility. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Vincent

Reply to
Vincent
Loading thread data ...

I assume you have a 2948G since there's alot more of those available on eBay than the 2948-L3 which is totally different beast.

The PS1 light should not be amber, it should be green. Status should light up orange until the sup finishes booting, then go green.

If your PS1 stays amber, I'd say its a bad power supply. Complain to the seller that it has a bad power supply.

If you have a bad power supply, nothing else matters, it won't power on without PS1 going green.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.