CISCO 2900 XL system Light

This kit worked OK for a while but now the system light continually flashes and there is no comms to the PC via console port. Tried booting and holding mode switch, just the same. Is this irretrievably dead? I can try and reseat the chips but they look soldered to me, don't want to pry off a soldered chip! Flasher

Reply to
googlenospam
Loading thread data ...

Well, its definately not good. I think the DRAM is the only thing socketed on that switch.

Your switch isn't passing its POST, failing before ROMMON starts up.

Could be DRAM, but could be something else too. Here's the LED lights that POST lights up.

formatting link
DRAM is about the only thing that you'd even want to consider replacing. Otherwise its toast.

Original owners had a product lifetime warantee on those, but I'm sure those boxes are end of life, end of support now.

$30 on eBay gets you another?

Or, a brand new 2960-S-24 is only like $600 from web stores.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks Doug, give those ideas a try at the weekend. If its this:: "Module not seated in expansion slot. Tighten the thumb screws on the module front panel" then there is hope!

Reply to
googlenospam

Note, only the WS-C2924M series even had an expansion slot, and even then most I see on eBay type auctions have no cards in the exapnsion slot..

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.