Cisco 2621 not connecting to specific sites, but can resolve the name to IP

Hello,

I have a cisco 2621 router connected to a comcast modem. The router works for all sites, but one. The router can resolve the name of the site to an IP address, but won't connect to it. Have also tried to connect the the sites by IP address and it still fails. The site I know is good. I can get to it from other locations, work computer, home computer, my phone. Below is a "show run" from the router. If anybody and see what my issue is please let me know.

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 800 bytes ! version 12.2 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime service password-encryption ! hostname Router ! ! ip subnet-zero ! ! ip name-server 8.8.8.8 ip name-server 192.168.1.5 ip name-server 68.87.69.146 ! ! ! ! interface FastEthernet0/0 ip address dhcp ip nat outside duplex auto speed auto ! interface Serial0/0 no ip address shutdown ! interface FastEthernet0/1 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside duplex auto speed auto ! ip default-gateway 192.168.1.1 ip nat inside source list 1 interface FastEthernet0/0 overload ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 FastEthernet0/0 no ip http server ! access-list 1 permit 192.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 ! line con 0 password 7 107A590B0B16165B login line aux 0 line vty 0 4 password 7 03300B19080E251C login ! end

Thanks

Daryl

Addresses I can not get to *.westlinnoregon.gov

Reply to
Daryl
Loading thread data ...

Sometimes site administrators block addresses or arbitrary ranges around them after (they believe) they have seen hack attempts or other abuse from a certain system. Such blocks can remain in place for years. They are often defended with claims like "my system, my rules".

On my local provider newsgroup it is infrequently reported that someone cannot reach a certain website and people in the same address range confirm this, while others, who are in different address range, reply they can reach it without problem.

In this case you can do little more than asking the site administrator about it.

Reply to
Rob

The wise Daryl enlightened me with:

Just a stupid question... but is this site you are trying to reach perhaps starting with 192 ?

OK, on second thought, that shouldn't be an issue, but using 192.168.0.0

0.0.255.255 might be better, since that's the private IP space. The rest of 192 is in use on the public internet

OK, that's 173.*, so that's not really the issue.

Have you tried a traceroute from your site and compared it with a trace from another site?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Huizer

Thank you for the replys. I am the admin for the site and as of now I do not block any access to it. This is used for a public network that anybody can use, that is why I chose the 192.168 range.

When I run a trace route from the router or any system behind the router it makes one hope and then stops, when I try westlinnoregon.gov. Google.com, CNN.com, ESPN.com all trace all the way to final address fine.

I had a small netgear in place( it died) before putting this router in place and I could get to to any westlinnoregon site. I am not the greatest at the cisco CLI, that is why the sh run is very simple and direct. I have tried unplugging both router and cable modem for about

30 miniutes to hopefully clear out any cache and had it reload everythign from cold and still have the same issue.

is there any way to direct traffic to an address range? kinda grasping at straws here.

Thank you

Daryl

Reply to
Daryl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.