Cisco 1941W Router

Hi Group,

I am thinking of replacing my Cisco 1841 router with a Cisco 1941W router.

I know the Cisco 1941W comes with 2 x 10/100/1000 interfaces. However, I would like to add an extra 2 x Gigabit if possible and install the ADSL card from my 1841.

Are there any Gigabit expansion cards that will working in the Cisco

1941W?

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Pryce
Loading thread data ...

| Hi Group, | | I am thinking of replacing my Cisco 1841 router with a Cisco 1941W | router. | | I know the Cisco 1941W comes with 2 x 10/100/1000 interfaces. | However, I would like to add an extra 2 x Gigabit if possible and | install the ADSL card from my 1841. | | Are there any Gigabit expansion cards that will working in the Cisco | 1941W?

You won't be able to do that. For 2 aditional Gbps ports you need to add 2 x HWIC-1GE-SFP + the coresponding SFP ports that you need. Since the router has only 2 slots you won't be able to install your ADSL card.

More info about the expansion cards here:

formatting link

Reply to
Morph

here:

formatting link
I am not familiar with the 1900 series routers however in general such low end routers will not be able to run GBE ports at anything like full rate.

There is a 4 port (or is it 5?) fast ethernet (H?)WIC that might suit your purposes. This card has an on-board switch so that local traffic is hardware switched and does not affect the router CPU.

If you need GBE rate routing consider 3560 (L3)switch.

Reply to
bod43

| > | >

| > David Pryce wrote: | >

| > | Hi Group, | > | | > | I am thinking of replacing my Cisco 1841 router with a Cisco 1941W | > | router. | > | | > | I know the Cisco 1941W comes with 2 x 10/100/1000 interfaces. | > | However, I would like to add an extra 2 x Gigabit if possible and | > | install the ADSL card from my 1841. | > | | > | Are there any Gigabit expansion cards that will working in the Cisco | > | 1941W? | >

| > You won't be able to do that. | > For 2 aditional Gbps ports you need to add 2 x HWIC-1GE-SFP + the | > coresponding SFP ports that you need. Since the router has only 2 slots | > you won't be able to install your ADSL card. | >

| > More info about the expansion cards here:

formatting link
| | I am not familiar with the 1900 series routers however | in general such low end routers will not be able to run | GBE ports at anything like full rate. | | There is a 4 port (or is it 5?) fast ethernet (H?)WIC that might | suit your purposes. This card has an on-board switch | so that local traffic is hardware switched and does not | affect the router CPU.

That's the HWIC-4ESW

formatting link

Reply to
Morph

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.