Cisco 1310 bridge - line protocol down

Hi,

I have two 1310 Aironet bridges which worked well for the past 12 months. Now the line protocol on one of them is suddenly going down for no apparent reason.

The only remedy at this stage is to turn off and on again the bridge to get the line protocol to UP again - a reload won't change anything.

Anyone ever experience such a problem? Note that System image file is "flash:/c1310-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA/c1310-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA. The bridge is available in both telnet/http via the other bridge (it doesn't lose the association) but seems to have cut off all connection on its fastEthernet port: FastEthernet0 is up, line protocol is down Hardware is PowerPCElvis Ethernet, address....

Any idea? I changed the power injector (this is where the ethernet port is located) with no success. Would it be the 1310 bridge itself which is faulty or a bug?

Thanks Kailash

Reply to
kailash7
Loading thread data ...

Kailash,

This sounds like a bug, although I don't recognize it. There are certainly some good reasons to upgrade a 1310 from 12.3(8)JA (I'd probably recommend

12.3(8)JEA1 or 12.4(3g)JA)), such as CSCse00415, CSCsg26708 and CSCsc60665.

If, after upgrading to recent code, the problem persists, then I would be inclined to blame some kind of hardware problem between the 1310 bridge unit's FastEthernet and the 4-port switch embedded in the power injector. If the power injector is known to be good and the cable is known good, then I think the next step would be to replace the 1310. This is an odd one though.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.