Cisco 1200 - DHCP Server

List,

Attempting to setup a Cisco 1200 to give out private DHCP addresses to its clients. I have added the following statements, however the AP isn't giving out any addresses.

ip dhcp pool wireless network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 default-router x.x.x.x lease infinite

I have done some debugging on the AP and am getting the following error.

"DHCPD: there is no address pool for 0.0.0.0."

Any thoughts on why this is not working? Or if it is even possible?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
cakens
Loading thread data ...

Hi Chris,

You may wish to investigate Cisco's Access Point Setting up the DHCP Server.

Because it has a console port to simplify initial setup, the 1200 series access point does not become a DHCP server automatically.

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks for the response. That link you provided is actually where I looked to find out how to configure the AP. Currently it is not working and I am looking for some additional advice.

Regards, Chris

formatting link
wrote:

formatting link

Reply to
cakens

Chris,

If the AP is acting as the DHCP server, go to the command line and issue the show ip dhcp binding command and examine the output.

To ensure that the client is being issued an IP address, compare MAC addresses against IP addresses.

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco Salary and Compensation Rates

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

That's the thing, I am not getting an ip. I have posted the output of the debug in the OP.

formatting link
wrote:

Reply to
cakens

What are the IP address(es) of your AP? The DHCP server figures out which address pool to use by looking at the address of the interface the DHCP request was received on, or the giaddr field in the request in the case of relayed requests.

I'm just guessing but it looks like there is no such address for the server to compare with.

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.