Cisco 1121 Access Point IOS Help Needed

Hi All

Please go easy on me, This is my 1st post.....

I have two Cisco 1100 Access Points, One of them is running a newer IOS than the other.. The 1st is running 12.3-8(JEA) and the older unit is running

12.2-13(JA4)

I need to get both running the 12.3-8(JEA) version, but i do not have a SmartNET or CCO Account to get the IOS from cisco.com

So my questions are:- Is there any other way I could get both APs running 12.3-8(JEA) ? Or Is there anyone with the 12.3-8(JEA) that could maybe e-mail me the IOS image ?

Thanks for any help/comments.

DaGeek

Reply to
gspurgeon
Loading thread data ...

Why don't you copy out the image from the one to your TFTP server that you'll need to update the other? You'll have a backup copy of it then, and you could backup your old image too at the same time. (copy flash: tftp:)

You could get more advanced and do a device to device copy, but that takes a couple extra steps.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

If you using the AP GUI, then you will need to read up on the archive command which is used to install instead of just copy tftp

Specifically look for archive upload and archive download on CCO

Reply to
Merv

DaGeek, I know your aren't asking for an illegal/unauthorized copy of Cisco's IOS.

Reply to
J.Cottingim

I have managed to do this with the following command from the CLI (via SSH):-

archive upload-sw tftp://IPADDRES/image-name.tar

Thank You for all your help.

Reply to
gspurgeon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.