CCNA Material advice?

Any advice about the "best material" out there? I am taking the test in the end of July, have the official Cisco book, but looking for a good advice.

Reply to
Holz
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Jaremowicz

Dave

I could not agree more, I already bought one catalyst today and on the way for some more. Sad part is that I manage a a Windows network with a load of devices but cannot shave on the company beard if you know what i mean.

Reply to
Holz

I actually used a free lab sim environment. Check out

formatting link
or
formatting link
It's cheaper than buying the equipment (especially if you use the free one).

As for books, which you need, I think I used Sybex for the CCNA. I used Cisco Press for the Press for the CCNP. just find one that you can follow through easy enough, do a few practice exams to gauge what you dont know and then re-read those sections.

A tip that was given to me that I feel obligated to pass on: If you're doing practice exams and you dont know the answer to a question, dont bother guessing, your cheating yourself. Go back and re-study the topic.

Cheers

Reply to
ScottyC

I like that one...

Reply to
Holz

You may wish to investigate Network World Magazine's:

Chris Bryant, Cisco certification home lab expert

formatting link
Additionally, you may find useful Network World Magazines's Free Cisco Press book chapters:

formatting link
Finally, you can win Free Cisco Press books each month at Network World Magazine:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.