Cannot delete file on bootflash on Sup1A

Greetings,

Has anyone experience a problem where they were not able to delete file on the onboard bootflash? I have been trying to upgrade my Sup1A from MSFC-1 to MSFC-2 but found out that the existing Cat O/S (cat6000-sup.5-5-13.bin) couldn't detect MSFC-2. What turn out to be a simple job, by just deleting one of the cat O/S in the bootflash to make room for a new version of Cat O/S turn out to be a nightmare. First I have performed 'delete filename' and then try to perform 'squeeze filename'. Unfortunately the 'squeeze' command aborted halfway (Don't know why, since I didn't perfrom anything that can interrupt it at all). Upon seeing that the file is still there, I have try to repeat the squeeze command but fail again. I then try to undelete the file (which I am amble to do it), unfortunately when I performed 'verify' command to verify the checksum for that file it shows that the file is corrupted. I even tried to 'format bootflash' but couldn't do it.

Have anybody enconuter a similar experience before or know of the solution to it? Thanks.

Rgds,

Sham

Reply to
sham
Loading thread data ...

I believe the squeeze command is used on the flash itself, not a file.

1, delete bootflash: 2, squeeze bootflash:
Reply to
Brian V

Sorry.. I think I wrote it wrongly in my earlier message. If I remember correctly, I did perform "squeeze bootflash". Anyway, let me double check it again tomorrow. Thank you for highlighting it anyway, there might be a possibility I have made that error :)

Rgds,

Sham

Reply to
sham

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.