CallManager call delay

I have a CallManager 4.0.1. I created a route patter 9.@ using NANP. When I dial a local number 456-7890, there is a 10-second delay before CallManager sending it to the gateway. However, if I dial long distance number

1-408-456-7890, CallManager send the call immediately. I know the 10-second delay can be changed system-wise but I want to keep it. Is there any way to have CallManager send calls to gateway immediately for local number? Thank you, Yoshi
Reply to
supernet
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

This is educated guesswork since I am quite new to CM. I may look it up later.

I have Cisco IP telephony ISBN 1587051575 which is pretty good..

I think that you need a pattern in the dial plan that matches your local numbers.

e.g. matches 456xxxx

If it can't find an exact match call manager waits for a timeout and then does the with it's best match pattern.

Reply to
anybody43

Hi,

There might be RP in your route plan which is acurate match for

14084567890,if not you could provide a callmanager trace and will let u know how that call is routing , In order to solve this inter digit timeout ,you could make two RP ,one ending with # and generic one and then press # to avoid this delay.

Hope this helps

Thanks Aman

Reply to
Aman

This is most likley caused by the inter-digit timout setting on your CallManager Server. (Q902 I Beleive) Check this under Services - CallManager and search for inter-digit timeout. HTH

Reply to
Mike' Newsgroups

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.