Call manager install

I recently acquired Cisco Call Manager. I want to install it on My LH4 or LX Pro NetServer at home. Can any one tell me the best place to get instructions or assistance in getting it going?

Reply to
Howard Huntley
Loading thread data ...

Howard,

Officially Cisco CallManagers (especially newer versions 5.x and 6.x) cannot run on "non-cisco-approved platforms". If you try to install it, and it does not detect a particular model of HP or IBM server (it even checks a SCSI controller, NIC card, BIOS version, etc.), it will just give you an error and halt. There are some tricks on how to run CallManager version 4.x on non-MCS platform (basically it's Windows 2000 or 2003 server with the Windows-based application), but there is no 100% guarantee it will work for you. With a newer versions things even more complicated - you may install it with some massaging (you may need to copy all files from the installation DVD, modify them, and burn again), but to run more than 5 phones you will need a license, which is bound to a hardware.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE Voice (in progress), CCIE R&S (next)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.