BGP issues

Hi all,, I have Some issues In BGP as Following:: I need brief Explanation about what difference between Redistribute Connected Command and Network Command

I have created 7 loopbacks I advertised 3 of them with network command and advertised others with Network command

but The 3 networks I advertised them with network command cant be learned with neighbor of ebgp

but it learned the distributed one's

when I make network command for the subnets between neighbors in ebgp ,,, the other routers learned the networks advertised with network command

so what differnce between redistribute and network command in advertising networks Thanks all

Reply to
Cisco.ahmed
Loading thread data ...

Please paste your config. I suspect this is an issue with the underlying functionality of BGP, that is BGP will not advertise networks that are not in an underlying IGP (such as OSPF or EIGRP), but I cannot be sure until you paste your interface, IGP, and BGP config for me to review, and point out which routes are showing up or not showing up in your neighbors. Redistribute connected should advertise all your local interfaces into BGP, and network will work as long as the router knows about the exact same route via an IGP. You can summarize by using summary statements in the IGP, or using a static route to null0 (which will never be used since you will have more specific routes via and IGP), but will work great for putting the route in the routing table so BGP will advertise. Paste your info and one of us will try to help you.

Reply to
Trendkill

It should be possible to advertise any of the loopbacks via the network statement.

You need to make sure that the appropriate mask was used on the BGP network command:

network x.x.x.x. mask m.m.m.m

The routes to be advertised must be in the routing table beforeBGP will announce them. All connected routes should be in the routing table.

Look at output of show ip route connected

to verify that the loopbacks are in fact in the main routing table

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.