Bandwitdh management

Hi all. Iàd like to know if it's possible to manage bandwidth between different networks. My problem is: if I have a high speed internet connection, isp router, switch, 3 different routers on the same switch, how can I assign fixed portions of bandwitdh to networks ? i.e. 2 Mbit to first network, 4 to an other and 3 to the last ?

Thank you

Max

Reply to
Max
Loading thread data ...

Hello Max,

could you please provide details to your Infrastructure? What kind of components are you using etc.

Let me know

BR Heiko

Max schrieb:

Reply to
heiko.maier

I can use whatever you want because I don't have nothing at the moment.

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... Hello Max,

could you please provide details to your Infrastructure? What kind of components are you using etc.

Let me know

BR Heiko

Max schrieb:

Reply to
Max

Alone you have control only for traffic going from you towards the ISP. If you want also another way around, you should talk to the provider to see if they can offer you QoS.

As for your side - you can use either 'custom queuing' or CBWFQ. I'd suggest CBWFQ as more flexible. Something like following will do:

class-map Net1 match access-group name ACL_NET1 class-map Net1 match access-group name ACL_NET2 class-map Net1 match access-group name ACL_NET3

policy-map class Net1 bandwidth 2000 class Net1 bandwidth 4000 class Net1 bandwidth 3000 class class-default fair-queue

This will allocate queue buffers equivalent to bandwidth you mentioned for outgoing traffic towards your ISP (not towards your networks). Leftover bandwidth (unprovisioned or not actually used) will be available to all classes in fair fashion.

By the way, you may encounter problem with the above config if 9Mbps is more than 75% of your link speed.

Kind regards, iLya

Reply to
Charlie Root

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.