ASA5505- can I transfer a config

Hi there is there anyway to replace and ASA5505 config file with a config.txt or other format, I have to setup 10 ASA, all the same config except some IPs and So I m looking for a quick way to do that? Rob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

| Hi there | is there anyway to replace and ASA5505 config file with a config.txt or | other format, I have to setup 10 ASA, all the same config except some IPs | and So I m looking for a quick way to do that? | Rob

formatting link
Backup and Restore the Security Appliance Configuration Files Using TFTP Server

Reply to
Morph

formatting link
PIX/ASA: Backup and Restore the Security Appliance Configuration Files

thanks but looks like all the solutions merging tftp server's cofig file to running-config, how can I replace it totaly?

Reply to
Rob

formatting link
> PIX/ASA: Backup and Restore the Security Appliance Configuration Files

From that description, use the variant that copies the tftp server's config file to the startup-config. Then reload the box.

Don't use the variant that copies to running-config, that leads to subtle problems.

Reply to
Rob

Rob a écrit :

You can do it via the console or management port :

ciscoasa# configure term ... >>> your configuration file to paste here

Reply to
Jacques Virchaux

This method has the same disadvantage as using "copy ... running-config".

That is, when the existing config on your box has some settings and the config you try to load assumes they are set to default values, the merge of settings will not cure this. The setting remains.

Often the first apparent problem when you try to do this is that the box has all interfaces set to "shutdown" and after the merging of the external config this remains so.

That is why I prefer copying to startup-config and then reloading. Then, you don't have that problem.

Reply to
Rob

| > | Hi there | > | is there anyway to replace and ASA5505 config file with a config.txt or | > | other format, I have to setup 10 ASA, all the same config except some | > IPs | > | and So I m looking for a quick way to do that? | > | Rob | >

| >

formatting link
| > PIX/ASA: Backup and Restore the Security Appliance Configuration Files | > Using TFTP Server | | thanks but looks like all the solutions merging tftp server's cofig file | to running-config, how can I replace it totaly?

Copy to startup config.

Reply to
Morph

formatting link
>> PIX/ASA: Backup and Restore the Security Appliance Configuration Files

You can also just put the config in to a text file, edit it however you need on a per site basis via notepad, copy it to the flash and use the "boot config disk0:/filename.text"

Reply to
Brian V

Am 25.03.2010 10:11 schrieb Jacques Virchaux:

There are many cases where that will not work.

The simplest and most frequent one: you cannot change the internal IP address of an ASA that has dhcpd enabled that way. First the "ip address" command will be rejected because it conflicts with the old dhcp address range, and then the subsequent "dhcpd address" command will be rejected because it conflicts with the as yet unchanged interface address.

HTH T.

Reply to
Tilman Schmidt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.