ASA5505-BUN-K9, 10 UserPackage

Hello All,

I've a customer who is presently using the package mentioned in the Subject Header. Currently there are 9 people in the office and they're soon to have 14. The current configuration includes NAT, and DHCPD enabled. Presently the only direct connection to the appliance is a 16 port switch (to users), and a DSL modem (to outside).

As I understand it, the 10 user license allows for a maximum of 10 incoming VPN connections. However, I'm fuzzy on the max users internally and the term concurrent sessions. The company has one static IP address, and the appliance is providing the internal IP addresses.

My question is...will the company need to upgrade to a 50 user package just to get 4 more people connected? Or are they still good to go?

I'll be happy to provide further information to get the correct answer.

Regards and thanks in advance for the much needed help,

Buck

Reply to
Buck Rogers
Loading thread data ...

| Hello All, | | I've a customer who is presently using the package mentioned in the | Subject Header. Currently there are 9 people in the office and | they're soon to have 14. The current configuration includes NAT, and | DHCPD enabled. Presently the only direct connection to the appliance | is a 16 port switch (to users), and a DSL modem (to outside). | | As I understand it, the 10 user license allows for a maximum of 10 | incoming VPN connections. However, I'm fuzzy on the max users | internally and the term concurrent sessions. The company has one | static IP address, and the appliance is providing the internal IP | addresses. | | My question is...will the company need to upgrade to a 50 user package | just to get 4 more people connected? Or are they still good to go?

Yes it seems they will have to update to 50 users limit if they want more then 10 people connecting to the internet.

formatting link

Reply to
Morph

Morph,

Thanks for the feedback, and I appreciate your input. The following does not appy to you.....your efforts, again, are appreciated.

However, WTF does that explanation mean? Geez, give me a break......Talk plain English to us non-Cisco certified IT guys, Cisco!!!

Cisco's Explanation: ?In routed mode, hosts on the inside (Business and Home VLANs) count towards the limit only when they communicate with the outside (Internet VLAN). Internet hosts are not counted towards the limit. Hosts that initiate traffic between Business and Home are also not counted towards the limit. The interface associated with the default route is considered to be the Internet interface. If there is no default route, hosts on all interfaces are counted toward the limit. In transparent mode, the interface with the lowest number of hosts is counted towards the host limit. See the show local-host command to view host limits. ?

Regards and Sorry for My Outburst,

Buck

Reply to
Buck Rogers

| Morph, | | Thanks for the feedback, and I appreciate your input. The following | does not appy to you.....your efforts, again, are appreciated. | | However, WTF does that explanation mean? Geez, give me a | break......Talk plain English to us non-Cisco certified IT guys, | Cisco!!! | | Cisco's Explanation: | ?In routed mode, hosts on the inside (Business and Home VLANs) count | towards the limit only when they communicate with the outside | (Internet VLAN). Internet hosts are not counted towards the limit. | Hosts that initiate traffic between Business and Home are also not | counted towards the limit. The interface associated with the default | route is considered to be the Internet interface. If there is no | default route, hosts on all interfaces are counted toward the limit. | In transparent mode, the interface with the lowest number of hosts is | counted towards the host limit. See the show local-host command to | view host limits. ?

In your case, (since you said that you are connecting users to the internet), there will be a default route pointing to the internet and the license will count for connections going through this default route.

Reply to
Morph

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.