asa 5510 outbound

Concerning the asa 5510. It seems that the asa 5510 firewall does not permit all inside out by default(i've worked with other firewalls that do). If i want to allow a specific tcp port out. I assume then that i'll need an access list to do it. Just verifying this either way. Thanks

Reply to
mmark751969
Loading thread data ...

Mark,

I just finished setting up one of these and I ran into the same findings that all inside traffic is not allowed by default. To see what rules you need to configure, definitely checkout the live logs on the ASA in the monitoring section. It will help create those rules.

-Peter

Reply to
tweaked540

Thanks. By live logs. Where are these and where do i get access to them. Thanks

Reply to
mmark751969

ASA and PIX by default . the 1st and last rule is

Src Dst Port Allow/Drop Any Any Any Drop

You need to create access list and then apply to any interface as access-group to make the inside host outside.

Rgds...CK

Reply to
CK

Go to the Monitoring tab, Under Features go to logging, select live log and view.

-Peter

Reply to
tweaked540

Thanks - is this the asa gui uitility. What is that called again and how would i get it. Thanks

Reply to
mmark751969

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.