ASA 5505 Image problem

Hi there, I ran erase disk0 by mistake and then rebooted the device, so I received this message and it kept rebooting No images in / Error 15: File not found

unable to boot an image

Failsafe booting engaged. Default configuration file contains 1 entry.

Searching / for images to boot.

No images in / Error 15: File not found

unable to boot an image

I setup a TFTP server and loaded another image came with CD. asa724-k8.bin System is up and I ran write mem but if I reboot it would give me same error message and unable to boot an image. Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks-Rob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

| Hi there, | I ran erase disk0 by mistake and then rebooted the device, so I received | this message and it kept rebooting | No images in / | Error 15: File not found | | unable to boot an image | | | Failsafe booting engaged. | Default configuration file contains 1 entry. | | Searching / for images to boot. | | No images in / | Error 15: File not found | | unable to boot an image | | I setup a TFTP server and loaded another image came with CD. | asa724-k8.bin | System is up and I ran write mem but if I reboot it would give me same error | message and unable to boot an image. | Any idea how to fix it?

First transfer the image to the disk0 copy tftp disk0:

Address or name of remote host []? 172.16.31.1 Source filename []? asa724-k8.bin Destination filename [asa724-k8.bin]? Accessing tftp://172.16.31.1/asa724-k8.bin...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Writing file disk0:/asa724-k8.bin... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8312832 bytes copied in 163.350 secs (50998 bytes/sec)

After you have copied the file enter the command boot system disk0:/asa722-k8.bin

Reply to
Morph

In the message Morph wrote:

| In the message Rob wrote: | | | Hi there, | | I ran erase disk0 by mistake and then rebooted the device, so I received | | this message and it kept rebooting | | No images in / | | Error 15: File not found | | | | unable to boot an image | | | | | | Failsafe booting engaged. | | Default configuration file contains 1 entry. | | | | Searching / for images to boot. | | | | No images in / | | Error 15: File not found | | | | unable to boot an image | | | | I setup a TFTP server and loaded another image came with CD. | | asa724-k8.bin | | System is up and I ran write mem but if I reboot it would give me same error | | message and unable to boot an image. | | Any idea how to fix it? | | First transfer the image to the disk0 | copy tftp disk0: | | Address or name of remote host []? 172.16.31.1 | Source filename []? asa724-k8.bin | Destination filename [asa724-k8.bin]? | Accessing | tftp://172.16.31.1/asa724-k8.bin...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Writing file disk0:/asa724-k8.bin... | !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | 8312832 bytes copied in 163.350 secs (50998 bytes/sec) | | After you have copied the file enter the command | boot system disk0:/asa722-k8.bin

You probably would have noticed this but just to be on the safe side :)

The command at the end should be boot system disk0:/asa724-k8.bin since you stated that you are working with version asa724-k8.bin

Reply to
Morph

That's not going to work Morph. You have to get to a command prompt before you can issue the commands you're giving, and the error occurs during boot up, so it never gets to the command prompt. I have the same problem with one of my spare ASAs.

Reply to
dunchaka

| That's not going to work Morph. | You have to get to a command prompt before you can issue the commands you're giving, | and the error occurs during boot up, so it never gets to the command prompt. | I have the same problem with one of my spare ASAs.

Read again what Rob wrote.

He's problem was that after he would tftp the image he wasn't telling the ASA to use the new image after it is rebooted. After each reboot the asa was still looking for the old image.

I guess you don't know how to get into rommon to do the thtp procedure? Here is a howto:

formatting link
Step 3 is what you are looking for:

Step3: When the appliance starts, press the Escape key on your keyboard to force the appliance to enter ROMMON mode.

Reply to
Morph

I took 1 st loans when I was 32 and this supported me a lot. Nevertheless, I need the auto loan once more time.

Reply to
Gates35Ofelia

Make your own life time more simple take the business loans and all you want.

Reply to
credit loans

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.