Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Buck Rogers
February 28, 2010, 1:27 am
rate this thread
I'll first admit I'm an idiot.
I've misplaced the username and password to access the ASDM web
interface on my ASA 5505.
I can SSH (with putty) into the machine and use the CLI........I have
those passwords along with the enable password. It's been so long
since I've used the web interface that I've forgotten the info to get
in. I've tried the default and my SSH info, to no avail. I need
Are there commands I can implement via CLI to set the username and
password I need to get into the ASDM web interface?
Thanks in advance.
Re: ASA 5505 Connecting to ASDM via Web Interface
As I said, I'm an idiot. I've figured it out.
I went into the ASDM of a clients test ASA 5505 that is set at the
default, and the answer was on one of the startup screens......the
enable password with a blank username. I had input pix as the
username........from the SSH info I had.
Thanks and sorry for wasting your bandwidth.
- » Need help on figuring why packets are getting dropped
- — Next thread in » Cisco Systems
- » connecting a cucme router via t-1 to main cucm server for internal calls
- — Previous thread in » Cisco Systems
- » You probably don't know the answer but what allows WiFi scanning anyway?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Wireless Networking