AS 3660 - inbound calls (mica modems)

Hi all,

We have CISCO access router AS 3660 with 30 mica modem. I would like to use this modems for inbound and outbound calls.

It is not problem to use modems for outbound calls. I just connect to the router using telnet to the dedicated modem (telnet router-ip

6000+line). Then I can enter AT commands.

But problem is with inbound calls. I can also connect to the dedicated modem using telnet. But when I try to make a call to this modem, I see on opposite side response 'BUSY'. Is it possible to configure this mica modems for inbound calls?

Now I use for inbound calls 'autocommand connect' (see the configuration example bellow). But it is not very usable for me. I would like to connect to dedicated modem and wait for 'RING'. Can anybody help me?

Jaro

line 161 exec-timeout 0 0 timeout login response 0 flush-at-activation modem InOut modem autoconfigure type mica rotary 1 autocommand connect 172.16.34.76 2701 transport preferred telnet transport input all transport output lat pad v120 lapb-ta mop telnet rlogin udptn ssh autoselect during-login autoselect ppp

Reply to
jaro
Loading thread data ...

Jaro,

What you're asking to do is not supported ... on our routers with integrated TDM switches and digital modems (MICA or NextPort), an incoming call will never be switched to a modem line that has a reverse telnet session active on it.

CSCdj87313 Externally found cosmetic defect: Closed (C) desire modem glare-permit to allow incoming call w/ rev telnet

Release-note: Modified 020819 by aaron On a NAS with digital modems (such as an AS5300 or AS5400), while a reverse telnet session is active on a modem line, an incoming call will never be switched to that line. Normally, if a process is trying to place an outgoing call, then having a window where an incoming call lands on that process' modem would produce undesired results. However, consider a customer's application which expects to be talking to many RS-232 lines and which expects to use in-band modem result codes (such as "RING", "NO CARRIER", etc.) to find out the modem status and which plans to issue "ATA", "+++ATH", etc., commands to control the modem's onhook/offhook status itself. Such an application will not be able to run on an AS5xxx NAS. Workarounds: 1. Modify the customer's application to handle incoming calls as incoming TCP connections. Configure the NAS lines with "autocommand telnet [/stream]". 2. Run a third-party shim on the application server, which accepts incoming TCP connections from the network, but which provides emulated COM ports with result codes to the application. An example of such a shim is COM/IP from Tactical Software.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.