AP1232 authentication options

I'm configuring a AP1232 and cannot find an agreeable authentication method to use. The latest IOS doesn't seem to support MAC authentication with WPA- PSK. I'm not planning to use a external Radius, so PEAP is not possible. I'd like to use either LEAP or EAP-FAST, though the clients are non- Cisco. The Cisco Security Services Client costs per non-Cisco. - Is there a freely available LEAP or EAP-FAST suplicant?

regards, J.E.

Reply to
nordic mist
Loading thread data ...

~ I'm configuring a AP1232 and cannot find an agreeable authentication ~ method to use. ~ The latest IOS doesn't seem to support MAC authentication with WPA- ~ PSK.

This is true.

~ I'm not planning to use a external Radius, so PEAP is not possible.

True.

~ I'd like to use either LEAP or EAP-FAST, though the clients are non- ~ Cisco. ~ The Cisco Security Services Client costs per non-Cisco. - Is there a ~ freely ~ available LEAP or EAP-FAST suplicant? ~ ~ regards, ~ J.E.

You don't say what OS your "non-Cisco" clients are running. If Mac OS, LEAP is built in (EAP-FAST as well, in latest 10.4). If Linux, the "WPA Supplicant" provides EAP-FAST support as well as LEAP ("note: requires special support from the driver".)

I believe that Windows Vista supports (or will soon support) EAP-FAST natively as well.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.