ap group vlan

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to assign a separate interface (VLAN) to the same SSID on different APs. For this I have defined a new dynamic interface with a new vlan, I also defined an additional AP group has the same default SSID but changing the interface that is assigned. I took an AP and I've assigned to that group, but when a client is associated on that AP, controller ignores the new interface and keeps it in the interface definied at SSID at default group. can everybody help me ?

it seems i am alwys on the management interface segment i ve a 4402 wlc i did everything as ap group vlan feature is enabled..

i also checked this guide but did not help

formatting link
danny

Reply to
daniele cassol
Loading thread data ...

Hi Danny,

~ I'm trying to assign a separate interface (VLAN) to the same SSID on ~ different APs. For this I have defined a new dynamic interface with a ~ new vlan, I also defined an additional AP group has the same default ~ SSID but changing the interface that is assigned. I took an AP and ~ I've assigned to that group, but when a client is associated on that ~ AP, controller ignores the new interface and keeps it in the interface ~ definied at SSID at default group. ~ can everybody help me ? ~ ~ it seems i am alwys on the management interface segment ~ i ve a 4402 wlc ~ i did everything as ~ ap group vlan feature is enabled.. ~ ~ i also checked this guide but did not help ~

formatting link
~ danny

Well, if the mobility group already has a RUN-state entry for the client with the old MACIP mapping, then the client will keep that address, even if it should roam to a new AP/WLC whose SSIDVLAN mapping is in a different subnet. So maybe you need to clear the client entry ("config client deauthenticate") first, if you want it to get an address from the new VLAN's subnet when it associates tothe new AP.

Btw, for questions about CUWN, you might get better responses in Supportforums

formatting link
Hth,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.