Address Hiding

Is it possible to hide addresses on Cisco 7200 router?

Ankit Parikh

Reply to
apsolar
Loading thread data ...

Here is a bit more explanation for the question that I hav asked.

I am doing an assignment where we have to tackle different scenarios. One such scenario is: There are 2 seperate businesses. one buys stuff from the other. The buyer has 40 sites and each of them would be placing orders seperately. is there a way , the router on buyer' side hide these 40 addresses and send the orders through one single ip address. I was thinking in the lines, of having the a virtual ip address that hides these 40 addresses and sends the requests. By this the router on the supplier's side wont need any changes as previosuly it used to receive the orders from a single ip address.

I am still a newbie and any help from you gurus would be appreciated.

Thank you Ankit Parikh

Reply to
apsolar

In article , wrote: [On a 7200]

Answer: Yes, the commands needed to do that have been built into IOS for quite some time.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hello Walter,

Thank you for a prompt reply. Could you point me to the section of IOS reference guide that talks about this. I have been browising through this huge documentation with no luck.

Perhaps a few key words from you might help.

Thnaks aga> > [On a 7200]

Reply to
apsolar

Its called Network Address Translation (NAT).

Scott

Reply to
thrill5

In article , thrill5 top-posted:

Excellent. What the student has now learned from this assignment is that the answers to the assignment can be had by posting to the newsgroup, instead of bothering to use a search engine. For example, the answer to the question was contained within the first three responses that come up in google for "address hiding" cisco

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hello Gurus,

Thank you for helping me out.

Mr.Walter Robertson, I do undertsnd your point and i did google my query before posting a question. And as you have pointed out, I got the answer in the first three responses(Cisco IOS VPN Configuration Guide...... result). I just wanted to confirm if I was on the right track and start working on my assignment.

Thank you again cheers Ankit

Walter Robers> In article ,

Reply to
apsolar

You could have asked a question such as for confirmation that network address translation was the technology suitable for address hiding a number of devices behind one IP address. That would have indicated to us that you had examined the topic and found some informaiton.

When it comes to assignments and the like, people are willing to help explain, but they expect the person to have demonstrated effort and to post -specific- questions about the partial solution the person has come up with.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.