Adding second BRI card on 1751

Hi friends,

There is a Cisco 1751 router that has 2 out of 3 WAN slots occupied. One is with WIC2T and the other is WIC-1B-S/T.

My requirement is that I want one more ISDN BRI card installed. Though I know that I can fill in the free WAN slot with a BRI card, I got a few doubts that need to be cleared.

1. WIC-1B-S/T has reached EOS. So, I need to go for a WIC-1B-S/T-V3. Can this coexist with WIC-1B-S/T?

1. If I need to go for WIC-1B-S/T-V3, then I came to know that I need an IOS upgrade to 12.3(10) atleast. Currently, the router has an IOS of

12.1(5)YB4 and Flash and DRAM of 16 and 32 MB. Do I need to also upgrade my flash / DRAM if I upgrade an IOS? Can you help me know the IOS requirement here. I dont have a CCO login and password to directly get my question answered from Cisco IOS Upgrade Planner tool.

Looking forward for your help on this.

Thanks a lot for your time and attention Gautam

Reply to
gautamzone
Loading thread data ...

Feature set Image name Memory Flash Adv IP Services c1700-ipbase-mz.123-17a.bin 48 16 IP Base c1700-advipservicesk9-mz.123-17a.bin 96 32

Reply to
Merv

Feature Image name Mem Flash IP Base c1700-ipbase-mz.123-17a.bin 48 16 Adv IP Srvcs c1700-advipservicesk9-mz.123-17a.bin 96 32

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.