Accessing 10.x.x.x LAN from home network behind a router

Hello,

I recently bought a Linksys WRT54G Broadband Router, and ever since, I've been unable to connect to the computers in our campus' 10.x.x.x network.

The current situation is this:

- The WRT54G gets a public IP address (82.128.x.x) from the Campus network from DHCP (PPPoE)

- I'm using the private 192.168.1.x network in my local home network (wireless and wired), computers get their (local) IP addresses from the WRT54G by DHCP

Routing table entry list is as follows:

Destination LAN IP Subnet Mask Gateway Interface

-----------------------------------------------------------------

213.139.183.242 255.255.255.255 0.0.0.0 WAN (Internet) 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 LAN & Wireless 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 213.139.183.242 WAN (Internet)

What I would like is to have the WRT54G to allow my computers inside my

192.168.x.x home network to be able to communicate with the computers in the Campus 10.x.x.x network. Is this possible and if it is, then how can I make it work?

I've tried some static routing settings in the "Advanced Routing" section of the WRT54G's administrative tool, but I'm practically clueless here and have no idea if the settings there are even related to the problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

BR,

Joni

Reply to
Joni Heino
Loading thread data ...

set up it by yourself? I mean, do they belong to the

The routing table has looked the same all the time (my advanced routing tests have had no affect on the table). I'm pretty sure the routing table was set by the router itself while I entered the basic setup (at least, I don't recall editing anything complex during the initial configuration).

Reply to
Joni Heino

You didn't us where the 10.x.x.x is. Anyway your routing table seems to me strange, doesn't it? Have you set up it by yourself? I mean, do they belong to the advanced routing configuration, or did the router set them asking you basic information?

Alex.

Reply to
AM

You need a VPN, since 10.x.x.x addresses are not routable on the public Internet.

Reply to
Barry Margolin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.