Access list question

What is the effect of an ACL applied to an interface that is not defined. In this case are the "access-group 105" commands ignored if there is no corresponding "access-list 105" defined. I just want to make sure there is no "deny" all in this scenario

interface FastEthernet0/1 bandwidth 1000 ip address 172.16.254.161 255.255.255.252 ip access-group 105 in ip access-group 105 out speed 100 full-duplex

Also, does the Cisco web site have any docs (flowchart) that depict the order of packet processing as it pertains to the flow of an IP packet inbound and outbound through the router.

Thanks Keith

Reply to
keithdew
Loading thread data ...

If the access list isn't defined, it blocks everything.

I remember seeing a flowchart somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Reply to
Barry Margolin

The default statement at the end of any ACL is deny any any.

So if no ACL is present and it is specified > >

Reply to
Newbie72

formatting link
NAT Order of Operation "The information in this document is based on the Software Version, Cisco IOS=AE Software Release 12.2(27)"

The CBAC and Access list related to Crypto processing was changed not too long ago.

formatting link
"Prior to Cisco Release 12.3(8)T, there was a double ACL check on the inbound packets ....."

Reply to
anybody43

It will blcok all the traffic.

Regards,

Hari

Reply to
Hari

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.