A simple way pass through T1 Modem lines to IP/PORT

Hello Guys,

1. I have a CISCO 2921 with HWIC T1 card
  2. I also have a PVDM2-24DM Digital Modem Adapter
  3. I have a TAP (Telocator Alphanumeric Protocal) gateway listening on IP:PORT on an external Linux Server

What I want to do is a simple serial line/modem pass thru to IP:PORT

However, ALL the cisco documentation refers to voip where the link is transferred using G.771 on VOIP. This is not really ideal where I have to hack Asterisk or something else to get a serial line.

I've looked at:

formatting link

I can create a dial peer and then

modem passthrough {system | nse [payload-type number] codec {g711ulaw | g711alaw}

But this involves using VOIP, I am actually looking for a much simpler serial0/1:23 asigned to IP:PORT combination. Any dialup activity is passed to IP:PORT to deal with.

Any ideas?

Ravi

Reply to
Ravi
Loading thread data ...

~ Hello Guys, ~ ~ 1. I have a CISCO 2921 with HWIC T1 card ~ 2. I also have a PVDM2-24DM Digital Modem Adapter ~ 3. I have a TAP (Telocator Alphanumeric Protocal) gateway listening on IP:PORT on an external Linux Server ~ ~ What I want to do is a simple serial line/modem pass thru to IP:PORT

Should work OK, just do this.

interface serial :23

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Thanks for the reply,

I configured the router

was able to pass the traffic to the tapgateway. But I seem to be stuck with the parity bit issue. Is there a firmware for the modem where I can set the parity

7E1 or basically I am screwed here?

Ravi > Hello Guys,

IP:PORT on an external Linux Server

transferred using G.771 on VOIP. This is not really ideal where I have to hack Asterisk or something else to get a serial line.

formatting link

serial0/1:23 asigned to IP:PORT combination. Any dialup activity is passed to IP:PORT to deal with.

Reply to
rganapa

~ ~ was able to pass the traffic to the tapgateway. But I seem to be stuck with the parity bit issue. Is there a firmware for the modem where I can set the parity 7E1 or basically I am screwed here?

Sorry, we just don't have parity support on the PVDM2-DM modems - and we aren't likely to, as we have now announced them for end of sale.

formatting link

My recommendation is to go onto Ebay or similar and get a used AS5350/AS5400 (or even an ancient AS5300) - they support parity.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

IP:PORT on an external Linux Server

transferred using G.771 on VOIP. This is not really ideal where I have to hack Asterisk or something else to get a serial line.

formatting link

serial0/1:23 asigned to IP:PORT combination. Any dialup activity is passed to IP:PORT to deal with.

Not sure If I understand this correctly but are you familiar with using the AUX port on the router for reverse telnet? Configure the router for reverse telnet server to make a conection to the AUX port, then set up a telnet (or preferrably SSH) connection from the linux server to the router and you have your serial connection to IP:PORT on the TAP gateway.

HTH,

Reply to
Nick B.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.