3725 Flash - won't boot

I have a 3725 which has missing flash card: it boots to ROMMON only; if I get a new compact flash card - how do I format it first to enable me put an IOS version on it? Should I be able to boot from "internal" memory ?

Reply to
Ned
Loading thread data ...

It appears that the 3725 has no internal flash and so can not boot IOS without a compact flash card *unless you do a network boot*.

I am not sure, however a quick search suggests that there is no rommon 'format' command. The best idea might well be to do a network boot (tftp or otherwise boot) and then format the flash from IOS.

If you can't find the documentation that describes how to do a network boot please come back for further info. I would describe it here if I could, but I need to look it up so you may as well do that yourself:-)

Bear in mind that tftp is limited to 64M (or 32M if you have old kit). tftpd32.exe (tftpd32.jounin.net) is pretty cool 'n' groovy.

Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.